Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Coming Winter

Today we went to the apple orchard, probably the last trip of the season. Of course, we can never resist the piping hot apple fritter donuts and hot apple cider. We collected red, yellow, and orange leaves like you would seashells by the ocean. But still, winter is coming. I always miss the fall when it's gone.

I'm so thankful for my husband and for what a wonderful father he is. I love this picture of him. Its not often I get him to smile for the camera. He prefers to look mysterious and contemplative. He has a great smile, but he'll never fake it for the camera. He has to have a reason to smile, like being squished up next to an adorable baby.


On the way to the orchard, Aedan said, "Mommy, my hair is flat. Why?" He's going through his "Why?" phase. He really needs a haircut, so I had to do the comb-over to make it look decent. This new hairstyle was very perplexing to him. This is a picture of his flat hair and the "Why?" expression that has become so familiar as of late.

Lord, thank you for the fun day with our family. I pray that these kids will be able to look back on these years fondly, knowing that we always loved them.

4 comments:

Margo said...

Those "why" questions are sometimes the most difficult to answer, aren't they? LoL!

Wonderful shots of your family! You are a blessed momma.

Connie said...

Tara, some of my fondest childhood memories were from ages 3-4 or so. I'm sure your kids will remember at least some of these things you do.

Would you believe I've never been to an apple orchard?

Maralyn said...

I'm struck by how much Silas looks like Aeden did at that age! And how much they both look like Nate! :-)

Prairie + Sky said...

Maralyn,

That's what they say. You'll have to teach me how to raise great boys. You've had a lot of pratice of your own =).